19TH SEPTEMBER 2018
WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
11. The RMA Deal Branch & Club will contact you for marketing purposes of various branch and club events, using the monthly emails and (closed) Facebook Page “Royal Marines Association Deal Branch and Social Club” where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including through paper forms, emailing us or verbally.
12. Please see paragraph 22 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
WILL THE RMA SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
13. We will only use your information within the RMA Deal Branch & Club for the purposes for which it was obtained. The RMA will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
14. We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT PLACED ON THE RMA WEBSITE
15. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the RMA Deal Branch & Club website or Facebook page, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
16. Where the RMA Deal Branch & Club reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
HOW LONG WILL THE RMA DEAL BRANCH & CLUB KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
17. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. The RMA holds records of all deceased members and those who, for a variety of reasons no longer subscribe to the RMA. The reasons for doing this are as follows:
• To provide information to any requests from the wider RMA family trying to contact, for example, old comrades.
• To facilitate re-joining should a lapsed member chose to do so
• Membership history can be retained for accounting purposes.
18. If you request that we stop sending you marketing or other materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
WHAT IS THE DEAL BRANCH RMA'S POLICY ON ALLOWING ME TO UPDATE, CORRECT, OR DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
19. The accuracy of your information is of paramount importance to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, you can do so by:
• Write to us at: RMA (Deal Branch) 37 The Strand, Walmer, Deal CT14 7DX
• Call us on 01304 375207 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm)
20. Under the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
COOKIES POLICY - INFORMATION THE RMA DEAL BRANCH COLLECTS FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE
22. Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website's server. These cookies allow us to distinguish you, anonymously, from other users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
23. Cookies do several different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
24. You can find more information about cookies, including how to delete them, at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
26. Cookies also help us identify which bits of our website people are using, and help us develop those sections of the website to improve the user experience.