DATE: 19TH SEPTEMBER 2018
• What information the RMA Deal Branch & Club may collect about you;
• How the RMA Deal Branch & Club will use information collected about you;
• When the RMA Deal Branch & Club may use your details to contact you;
• Whether the RMA Deal Branch & Club will disclose your details to anyone else;
• Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
3. The RMA Deal Branch & Club is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Your personal data is protected by UK legislation, specifically the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We aim to exceed our legal obligations by following best practice and reviewing our procedures regularly.
WHO WE ARE
5. The Deal Branch of the RMA is a registered charity (number 1168387) located at 37 The Strand, Walmer Deal CT14 7DX. The Club is located in the same premises and works alongside the Branch. Their principal purposes are enshrined in the Central Association’s Bye-Laws in these words:
“To promote the efficiency of the Corps, including those who have served with the Corps from other Services, and to promote and preserve its ethos, traditions and esprit de corps amongst serving and former members of the Royal Marines. To provide, either directly or through appropriate agencies, relief from conditions of poverty, need, hardship and distress, to all serving or former members of the Corps, their families and dependents”.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL THE RMA COLLECT ABOUT ME?
6. When you contact the RMA Deal Branch & Club to make a donation, sign up to any activities or online content, such as newsletters, or you telephone, email, write to or engage with us via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of basic information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, or more detailed information such as preferences and interests and information relevant for membership eligibility.
7. By submitting your details, you enable the RMA Deal Branch & Club to provide you with the services, information, activities or online content you select.
8. We do not usually collect "sensitive personal data" about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so - such as welfare support, participation in a membership event or similar fundraising effort or where we need this data to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in an event. Clear notices will be provided on applications for such events so that what information we need and why we need it is evident. If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, the RMA Deal Branch & Club may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
HOW WILL THE RMA DEAL BRANCH & CLUB USE THE INFORMATION YOU COLLECT ABOUT ME?
10. The RMA Deal Branch & Club collects and processes personal information for the purposes of administration, membership analysis and to keep members informed about their membership e.g. their subscription, welfare activities, socials and events, membership offers, fallen comrades, Corps news, career/employment opportunities etc.
The RMA Deal Branch & Club will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• In relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, or any other means;
• For internal record keeping;
• To contact you about any content (information, personal details, news article etc) you provide;
• To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
• To personalise the way the RMA Deal Branch & Club content is presented to you;
• To use IP addresses as follows: to identify the location of users; to block disruptive use; to establish the number of visits from different countries;
• To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the RMA Deal Branch & Club website (www.rmadeal.co.uk) to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
11. The RMA Deal Branch & Club will contact you for marketing purposes of various branch and club events, using the monthly emails and (closed) Facebook Page “Royal Marines Association Deal Branch and Social Club” where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including through paper forms, emailing us or verbally.
12. Please see paragraph 22 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
WILL THE RMA SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
13. We will only use your information within the RMA Deal Branch & Club for the purposes for which it was obtained. The RMA will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
15. We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).